I've always loved this shot. A good reminder that we're not finished, and that we don't have to be decided yet.
I like birthdays—they're a time to reflect and make resolutions, but with less pomp and circumstance (and pressure) than the new calendar year.
I am slowly realizing that I can bring certain things to the table in regards to my career, but it's also not entirely in my control. And in this season specifically, I am working hard and hustling, but I probably won't see much payoff in the near future—probably not for a few years. I didn't pick an industry that is particularly easy to break into.
So here are a few things I want to do during year 23, just for me, unrelated to my job.
- Watch a movie from before I was born at least once a week
- Photograph a portrait at least once a week, even if it's of myself
- Shoot film again (I have some gear on its way to me as we speak, a birthday gift to myself!)
- Find inner peace with the parking situation in LA. This is my life now. Some things are just not in my control. This bullet point is not a joke; I wish it was
- Grab a book and do some reading on the beach, once a month
- Go to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl or The Greek Theatre
- Play the occasional game of tennis
- Check out at least 6 new-to-me museums
- Do that photo series I've been brainstorming about my favorite movie theaters
- Make plans sometimes, even if it's on a weeknight (what can I say, I'm an introvert and a Grandma who goes to bed early)